Founder, Principle, HK Architecture, Adana, Turkey
(February 2012 – Present)
HK Architecture is offering full Architectural and Engineering Design Services; Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural & Civil Design, Interior Design, Consulting and Construction Management.
HK Architecture design team has recently been selected one of three Architectural & Engineering (A&E) Service Contractors for Incirlik AB projects by Vectrus Systems Corporation who runs the majority of the Operation and Maintenance Services on the base.
- LJYC 10-1061, CNS EOD Facility, Incirlik AB: $1,900K (program amount), Design Architectural portion of project as a subcontractor for TMA, Ankara. 65% designed and currently working on 95% design.
- Çukurova Development Agency (ÇDA), Headquarter Building, Adana/Turkey. Provide Consulting, Design & Construction services. Design Architectural/Interior/Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Landscape projects. Provide specifications and cost estimate c/w contract documentation. 100% designed and completed. Accepted by ÇDA.
- LJYC 10-1053 Document Storage Bldg 470, Incirlik AB: $175K (program amount), Design Architectural portion of project as a subcontractor for TMA, Ankara. 100% designed and accepted by Government.
- LJYC 12-1083 RPR Roof Bldg 500, Incirlik AB: $200K (program amount), Design Architectural portion of project as a subcontractor for TMA, Ankara. 100% designed and accepted by Government.
- Operation and Service Building for Tennis Courts, Equestrian Club, Adana: Design and Construction Management. Constructed. Click for more information P: 87.
- Interior Design of Power Plant Administration Building, Iraq: 100% Designed.
Senior Architect at US Air Force / Vinnell Brown & Root, Incirlik AB, Turkey
(February 2008 – February 2012)
Manage a design program for in-house, Architectural and Engineering (A&E), and/or third-party designs. Complete all project designs within the time period established by the USAF and HQ USAFE. Provide design services in support of all current and projected facility and infrastructure construction and renovation projects.
Design services include writing statements of work, specifications, preparing cost estimates, developing design drawings, analyzing field problems, identifying solutions, providing infrastructure plans, planning for future facility needs, incorporating Anti Terrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) requirements and project review process. Provide engineering support for review and coordination to other agency projects including, but not limited to, Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Navy Field Engineering & Architecture Department (FEAD) NATO, MILCON and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). Coordinate engineering design related activities with host nation agencies.
- LJYC 11-1114 Repair Utility System & Provide Consolidation, Headquarter Building 833: $2M (program amount), Renovate facility utility infrastructure to improve building performance & consolidate functions to improve space efficiency.
- LJYC 09-1073 Repair Dormitory Building 880: $1,7M (award amount), 68 units design completed, by weekly construction supervision.
- LJYC 10-5001 Renovate Bowling Center Snack Bar: $150K, Concept interior design to improve quality of life. Planning to submit for US Air Force Design Awards for 2011.
Supervisor of SABER at US Air Force / Vinnell Brown & Root, Incirlik AB, Turkey
(June 1999 – February 2008)
Supervise 5 people and manage a yearly average of 25 projects worth $3M.
Provide planning, design, and construction services necessary to conduct engineering design and construction. Providing standard design, detailed requirements, format, preparation, and submittal of drawings, specifications, cost estimates, project engineering documentation, and other related documents for construction contracts. Manage and inspect construction projects in accordance with Air Force Instructions and contract specifications. Ensure coordination with users and involved agencies.
Conduct inspections in accordance with OSHA regulation, safety & health requirements. Document contractor progress and deficiencies, and process contract modifications. Evaluate contractor’s submittals and coordinate all Government furnished property.
Manage contractor escorting for construction-related activities, all construction utility outages coordination. Control conducting of project acceptance inspections, contract closure documents completions. Implement and manage a warranty/guarantee program and post acceptance inspections prior to the expiration of project warranties. Provide construction management liaison for all projects handled by US Army Corps of Engineers, NATO, or other third-party agencies.
Some of Completed Projects:
- LJYC 07-1085 Repair Roof, Dormitory Building 892: Completed in FY 08.
- LJYC 07-1013 Repair Vehicle Maintenance Facility 117: Completed in FY 07.
- LJYC 06-1077 Relocate Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Baskin Robbins into BX: Completed in FY 06.
- W/O 7662 Renovation of “Time Out Lounge” in Bowling Building 951: Completed in FY 04.
Owner/Partner, Head of Design, Etkin Architectural Design Office; Adana, Turkey
(March 1997 – April 2002)
Full Service Architectural Services Firm offering Master and Space Planning, Architectural Design, Interior Design, Consulting, Construction Management. Areas of specialization included, Single Family Detached Residential, Multi-Family Residential, Office & Commercial building types.
Provided, high quality architectural design, including siting, proper use of materials, economy of construction, functional integrity, interior and exterior details, energy conscious design, and compatibility with appropriate existing elements of the environments. Products/services includes: Concept Drawings, Working Drawings, Specifications, Cost Estimates, Basis of Design, 3D Visualization of Design.
AutoCAD 2D & 3D instructor successfully graduated 150+ students over 2 years.
Project of note: $2.5M Adana Hippodrome Main Gate & Bleacher Expansion with 2,500 people capacity. Conceptual, schematic, construction documents were generated utilizing 2D&3D CAD and rendered.